Wednesday, September 21, 2016

A NOTE ON THE 6th GRADE LIGHTNING THIEF MID-UNIT ASSESSMENTS

THIS POST APPLIES TO READING CLASSES 2A, 3A, 6A, and 7A

(Reading 1A is working on another assessment: the Chapter 3 Exit Ticket. We are working on that together in class.)

Because this is a different type of assessment than the students are used to, they have taken more time than I've allotted in class. It is absolutely NOT a bad thing, though. They are asking questions and taking their time to make sure they construct the best, most detailed responses they can.

I have decided to take a risk and let the students take home the assessment to finish over this coming weekend. I'm hoping that all of the assessments will return. (-:

I am asking for your help, families! Could you please give the students support and help on completing this over the weekend?

I will post detailed instructions for this assessment on the blog on Friday afternoon. Most of the students should have most of the assessment finished. I will just need your help to make sure they have followed ALL of the directions and have answered ALL of the questions. I want to make sure they all have this opportunity before I collect the assessments to grade them.

As I'd provided on Monday, here is the link to the rubric I will be using to grade this assessment: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz2zLvs72EojWU0yYVI4R2REN0k

Thank you for all you do! You are so important in all of this!

Sincerely,

Mr. Ridges

No comments:

Post a Comment