Thursday, November 3, 2016

The Lightning Thief - Final Assessment Preparation

Good evening, 6th Grade Reading Classes!

I will be returning to school on Monday, November 7, 2016. Thank you for your patience with my absence and for behaving well for your substitute teacher and for the other 6th grade teachers in my absence.

Here are all of the things I'd promised to post on this blog before last weekend happened.

First! Click on the hyperlink for online access to THE LIGHTNING THIEF novel. It should be the same page numbers as the copies we use in class. You may use this for any of the work that will be due next week.

Here is a link to the CHAPTER COMPREHENSION QUESTIONS you have used over the past few days in my absence.

Here are the notes I gave in class: "Do Percy's Experiences In The Lightning Thief Align With The Hero's Journey?"

BOOK 1

 Cover
Do Percy’s experiences in The Lightning Thief align with the hero’s journey?

 

Page 1: Example


Percy’s Experience: Quote From The Lightning Thief
“But Mr. Brunner expected me to be as good as everybody else, despite the fact that I have dyslexia and attention deficit disorder and I had never made above a C- in my life.” (page 7)

Page 2 Example - When you find the quote from "The Hero's Journey," write down the title of the stage here:

Stage From “The Hero’s Journey”
The Ordinary World

Page 3 Example - Write the quote that aligns with The Lightning Thief quote ("But Mr. Brunner expected me to be as good as everybody else...") here:

Archetype of the hero’s journey: Quote from “The Hero’s Journey”
“They possess some ability or characteristic that makes them feel out-of-place.”

Page 4:

Percy’s Experience: Quote From The Lightning Thief
“The freak weather continued, which didn’t help my mood. One night, a thunderstorm blew out the windows in my dorm room. A few days later, the biggest tornado ever spotted in the Hudson Valley touched down only fifty miles from Yancy Academy.” (page 17)
Page 5: When you find the quote from "The Hero's Journey," write down the title of the stage here:

Stage From “The Hero’s Journey”


Page 6 - Write the quote that aligns with The Lightning Thief quote ("The freak weather continued...") here:

Archetype of the hero’s journey: Quote from “The Hero’s Journey”
 


Back Cover:


BOOK 2:

Cover:

 
Do Percy’s experiences in The Lightning Thief align with the hero’s journey?

Page 1:

Percy’s Experience: Quote From The Lightning Thief
“The landscape was dotted with buildings that looked like ancient Greek architecture—an open-air pavilion, an amphitheater, a circular arena—except that they all looked brand new, their white marble columns sparkling in the sun. In a nearby sandpit, a dozen high school- age kids and satyrs played volleyball.” (page 62)

Page 2 - When you find the quote from "The Hero's Journey," write down the title of the stage here:

Stage From “The Hero’s Journey”
 

Page 3 - Write the quote that aligns with The Lightning Thief quote ("The landscape was dotted with buildings...") here:

Archetype of the hero’s journey: Quote from “The Hero’s Journey”
 

Page 4:

Percy’s Experience: Quote From The Lightning Thief
“The truth is, I can’t be dead. You see, eons ago the gods granted my wish. I could continue the work I loved. I could be a teacher of heroes for as long as humanity needed me.” (Page 82)

Page 5 - When you find the quote from "The Hero's Journey," write down the title of the stage here:

Stage From “The Hero’s Journey”
 

Page 6 - Write the quote that aligns with The Lightning Thief quote ("The truth is, I can't be dead...") here:

Archetype of the hero’s journey: Quote from “The Hero’s Journey”
 


No comments:

Post a Comment